Mrs. Darcy Neymeyer, M.A.Ed
I am proud to be the School Counselor at Villas Elementary. This is my fifth year here at this school, but my first year in this position. Previously, I worked as a Reading Resource Teacher in grades K-2. I am very excited to be the School Counselor at Villas and I am learning more and more every day!
I received both of my degrees from the University of Northern Iowa. My BA is in Elementary and Middle School Education and my MAE is in School Counseling. In addition to being passionate about working with children, I am also passionate about dance. I am actually one credit shy of a Dance Minor. I earned a Reading Endorsement and an ESOL Endorsement while working for the School District of Lee County, which has greatly increased my knowledge of how to better teach and counsel the students at Villas.
My husband and I both grew up on farms in rural Iowa, and although we loved it there, we moved to Florida about 5 years ago for the sunshine and beaches. We have twin boys who are toddlers and they keep us very busy!
VILLAS SCHOOL COUNSELING VISION
The vision of the School Counseling Program at Villas Elementary is to work as a collaborative team to ensure all students acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes to achieve their highest potential.
VILLAS SCHOOL COUNSELING MISSION
The mission of the School Counseling Program at Villas Elementary is to educate, support and advocate for students so that they may have achieve academic success, college and career readiness, and social/emotional development.
School Counseling Beliefs
- All students are valuable and deserve to be treated with respect.
- All students are capable of learning and success.
- All students have the right to access school counseling services provided by a professional school counselor that support academic, social/emotional, and career growth.
- The school counselor advocates for students.
- The school counselor collaborates with stakeholders (teachers, parents, administrators, district personnel, community members and others) to help aid in student success.
- The school counselor abides by the principles of ethical behaviors as outlined in ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors.
- The school counseling program should be comprehensive in scope, developmental in nature, and preventative in design.
- The school counseling program should reflect thoughtful consideration of the ethnic, cultural, racial, and special needs of the students it serves.
- Data collection and analysis drive the school counseling program goals for promoting student achievement.